Data engineer with over 10 years of commercial experience in data analytics and software development.
- Python, Golang, SQL
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake
- Big Data
- Hadoop, various AWS technologies (Lambda, Athena, Kinesis), Google BigQuery
- BI Tools
- Tableau, Qlik
- Data Analytics MSc (Merit), Birkbeck, University of London
- Computing BSc (Hons), University of Leeds
- 3 A-levels (BBB) and 9 GCSEs (A-B), Sale Grammar School
- Apr 2019-Present
Data and Analytics Engineer at Open Colleges, Sydney, Australia
- Building and deploying data pipelines
- Developing data infrastructure
- Dec 2018-Mar 2019
Data Engineer at Airtasker, Sydney, Australia
- Building and improving data pipelines
- Data modelling in a Snowflake data warehouse
- Feb 2018-Oct 2018
Data Engineer at Tails, London, UK
- Building data pipelines using Apache Airflow
- Data warehousing (Amazon Redshift)
- Jan 2017-Feb 2018
Data Engineer at Notonthehighstreet, London, UK
- Building and improving the company's data and analytics architecture
- Aug 2012-Jan 2017
Web Developer, Birkbeck, University of London
- Development of Birkbeck's public-facing websites.
- May 2011-Aug 2012
Application Developer, London 2012 Olympic Ceremonies
- Developed a system to manage the cast of the London 2012 Olympic Ceremonies.
- Aug 2009-Apr 2011
Web Developer, Incuna Ltd
- Worked on web projects for a variety of clients mainly using Django.
- Jun 2008-May 2009
Software Developer, ReportLab Ltd
- Software developer mainly working with the Django web framework.